wink is the first (and so far, only) lighting company in Ireland to have received RIAI approval for its CPD seminar.
There is now increasing acceptance of the importance of good lighting design. However, how do we know how much light we need to design to? What kind of lighting do we use? Where best to locate it? The aim of the CPD seminar is to give a basic understanding of lighting principles, terms, light output and colour, so the importance of a lighting design is understood; allowing you to ensure that lighting becomes an integrated part of the building’s architecture.
- Concepts and considerations for lighting design encompassed in the seminar include:
- Different qualities of light.
- Different ways of measuring light.
- The ability to select the correct type of lamp for a given application.
- The ability to select the correct type of luminaire for a given application.
- In the seminar we explore the difference between Illuminance and Luminance. Illuminance, measured in lux, is the amount of light falling on a surface. Luminance, measured in candelas, is the amount of light reflecting off a surface. We also examine the two main factors to consider when discussing the appearance of light: Colour temperature and colour rendering index.
wink can provide this seminar nationwide from our offices in Dublin.
We are also provide specific lighting CPD’s on request .