Date: Friday, November 21, 2014 Time: 1 – 2pm (Registration from 12:45)
Location: RIAI, 8 Merrion Square, Dublin 2
Reserve A Place: Email firstname.lastname@example.org
The aim of the CPD seminar is to give a basic understanding of lighting principles, terms, light output and colour, so the importance of a lighting design is understood; allowing you to ensure that lighting becomes an integrated part of the building’s architecture.
- Concepts and considerations for lighting design encompassed in the seminar include:
- Different qualities of light.
- Different ways of measuring light.
- The ability to select the correct type of lamp for a given application.
- The ability to select the correct type of luminaire for a given application.
In the seminar wink explore the difference between Illuminance and Luminance. Illuminance, measured in lux, is the amount of light falling on a surface. Luminance, measured in candelas, is the amount of light reflecting off a surface. We also examine the two main factors to consider when discussing the appearance of light: Colour temperature and colour rendering index.
Sandwiches,tea and coffee provided.
The seminar is presented by Rocky Wall MD of Wink Lighting.