wink are specialists in conservation lighting. We design sympathetic & sensitive lighting strategies for heritage lighting projects that enhance the aesthetic, while reducing maintenance & increasing efficiencies through eco friendly lighting design.
For the church lighting is used to set the appropriate mood for a particular service or event. For regular daytime services most churches prefer that the worship space be relatively bright and well balanced. But there are many types of services that benefit from much lower lighting levels, or from lighting settings that emphasize particular aspects of the worship space, such as a cross, shrine or an architectural element.
wink’s design strategy for conservation / church projects, includes:
* Enhancing the experience of the overall space , and those who use it
* Controlled environments for various activities carried out in the space
* Influence the perception of spatial use and the emotional response
* Ensuring minimum maintenance issues, and minimum energy wastages
* Balancing Optimum Lighting Levels required for Artworks and Light sensitive items
* Lighting designed systems to achieve lower carbon foot print